Whether you’re a full-face-foundation wearer or a moisturizer-and-chapstick fan, these are my must-know makeup secrets for everyone. Even if you only use these makeup tips and tricks when primping for a big event, I know they’ll save you time, money and might even ward off tears of frustration.
My Makeup Tips and Tricks:
1. If you get mascara on your skin while applying, leave it for a couple minutes. Once it’s dry, it will flake right off. Use a cotton swap to wipe it away.
2. Dry lips? Choose a gloss or moisture-enriched lipstick over a matte finish, which will just enhance dryness.
I Love: Juice Beauty’s Phyto-Pigments Luminous Lip Crayon. It leaves my lips feeling so hydrated, I can’t live without it and it comes in a variety of beautiful shades.
3. Do your eyebrows disappear by midday? It’s probably because you have moisturizer in your brow hairs. Wipe your eyebrows with rubbing alcohol or a skin toner to help your brow products stay put all day.
4. Get more out of your makeup and make your routine even
easier: bronzer does double duty as a soft and natural-looking eyeshadow.
5. Look for lipsticks with a blue undertone to make your teeth appear whiter and brighter. Baby pinks and reds with orange undertones can make the teeth appear yellow.
6. Applying your eye makeup before your foundation will make life a lot easier. If you make a mess, it’s easier to clean any under eye mishaps. Once your eyes look good, you can put on your foundation.
7. Create a DIY tinted moisturizer by mixing a pea-sized amount of moisturizer into your foundation. This is great if you want to use a full coverage foundation for a beautiful, sheer daytime look.
I Love: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
8. When applying your blush, smile to find the apples of your cheeks. Then, apply the blush onto your apples and blend back toward your hairline.
9. After applying your lipstick, add a bit of a lighter shade of lipstick in the centre of your lips and blend using a brush or your fingers. The light shade will draw attention to the fullest part of your lips, giving you a perfect pout.
10. Feeling and looking tired? Make your eyes look instantly larger by lining your waterline—the inner edge of your eyelid—with a flesh tone eyeliner.
I Love: Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil
Hope these are helpful ?
~ Shira xo